It also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of your Personal Information and how you can access and update this information. This Policy does not apply to the practices of companies that we do not own or control, or to individuals that we do not employ or manage.
Automatic collection of information
When you visit the Website our servers automatically record information that your browser sends. This data may include information such as your device's IP address, browser type and version, operating system type and version, language preferences or the webpage you were visiting before you came to our Website, pages of our Website that you visit, the time spent on those pages, information you search for on our Website, access times and dates, and other statistics.
Information collected automatically is used only to identify potential cases of abuse and establish statistical information regarding Website usage. This statistical information is not otherwise aggregated in such a way that would identify any particular user of the system.
Collection of personal information
You can visit the Website without telling us who you are or revealing any information by which someone could identify you as a specific, identifiable individual. If, however, you wish to use some of the Website's features, you will be asked to provide certain Personal Information (for example, your name and e-mail address). We receive and store any information you knowingly provide to us when you fill any online forms on the Website. When required, this information may include the following:
- Personal details such as name, country of residence, etc.
- Contact information such as email address, address, etc.
You can choose not to provide us with your Personal Information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of some of the Website's features. Users who are uncertain about what information is mandatory are welcome to contact us.
Storing personal information
We will retain and use your Personal Information for the period necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. We may use any aggregated data derived from or incorporating your Personal Information after you update or delete it, but not in a manner that would identify you personally. Once the retention period expires, Personal Information shall be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after the expiration of the retention period.
Use and processing of collected information
In order to make our Website and Services available to you, or to meet a legal obligation, we need to collect and use certain Personal Information. If you do not provide the information that we request, we may not be able to provide you with the requested products or services. Some of the information we collect is directly from you via our Website. However, we may also collect Personal Information about you from other sources. Any of the information we collect from you may be used for the following purposes:
- Send administrative information
- Respond to inquiries and offer support
- Request user feedback
- Improve user experience
- Enforce terms and conditions and policies
- Protect from abuse and malicious users
- Respond to legal requests and prevent harm
- Run and operate our Website and Services
Processing your Personal Information depends on how you interact with our Website, where you are located in the world and if one of the following applies: (i) You have given your consent for one or more specific purposes. This, however, does not apply, whenever the processing of Personal Information is subject to California Consumer Privacy Act or European data protection law; (ii) Provision of information is necessary for the performance of an agreement with you and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof; (iii) Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which you are subject; (iv) Processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in us; (v) Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party.
Note that under some legislations we may be allowed to process information until you object to such processing (by opting out), without having to rely on consent or any other of the following legal bases below. In any case, we will be happy to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of Personal Information is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
Information transfer and storage
Depending on your location, data transfers may involve transferring and storing your information in a country other than your own. You are entitled to learn about the legal basis of information transfers to a country outside the European Union or to any international organization governed by public international law or set up by two or more countries, such as the UN, and about the security measures taken by us to safeguard your information. If any such transfer takes place, you can find out more by checking the relevant sections of this document or inquire with us using the information provided in the contact section.
The rights of users
You may exercise certain rights regarding your information processed by us. In particular, you have the right to do the following: (i) you have the right to withdraw consent where you have previously given your consent to the processing of your information; (ii) you have the right to object to the processing of your information if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent; (iii) you have the right to learn if information is being processed by us, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the information undergoing processing; (iv) you have the right to verify the accuracy of your information and ask for it to be updated or corrected; (v) you have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of your information, in which case, we will not process your information for any purpose other than storing it; (vi) you have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of your Personal Information from us; (vii) you have the right to receive your information in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that your information is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on your consent, on a contract which you are part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
The right to object to processing
Where Personal Information is processed for the public interest, in the exercise of an official authority vested in us or for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us, you may object to such processing by providing a ground related to your particular situation to justify the objection. You must know that, however, should your Personal Information be processed for direct marketing purposes, you can object to that processing at any time without providing any justification. To learn, whether we are processing Personal Information for direct marketing purposes, you may refer to the relevant sections of this document.
How to exercise these rights
Any requests to exercise User rights can be directed to the Owner through the contact details provided in this document. These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by the Owner as early as possible.
Privacy of children
We do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, please do not submit any Personal Information through our Website or Service. We encourage parents and legal guardians to monitor their children's Internet usage and to help enforce this Policy by instructing their children never to provide Personal Information through our Website or Service without their permission.
If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 18 has provided Personal Information to us through our Website or Service, please contact us. You must also be at least 16 years of age to consent to the processing of your Personal Information in your country (in some countries we may allow your parent or guardian to do so on your behalf).
The Website uses "cookies" to help personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
Do Not Track signals
Some browsers incorporate a Do Not Track feature that signals to websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. Tracking is not the same as using or collecting information in connection with a website. For these purposes, tracking refers to collecting personally identifiable information from consumers who use or visit a website or online service as they move across different websites over time. Our Website does not track its visitors over time and across third party websites. However, some third party sites may keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you.
Links to other websites
Our Website contains links to other websites that are not owned or controlled by us. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other websites or third-parties. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our Website and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that may collect Personal Information.
We secure information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We maintain reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards in an effort to protect against unauthorized access, use, modification, and disclosure of Personal Information in its control and custody. However, no data transmission over the Internet or wireless network can be guaranteed. Therefore, while we strive to protect your Personal Information, you acknowledge that (i) there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond our control; (ii) the security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and our Website cannot be guaranteed; and (iii) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third-party, despite best efforts.
In the event we become aware that the security of the Website has been compromised or users Personal Information has been disclosed to unrelated third parties as a result of external activity, including, but not limited to, security attacks or fraud, we reserve the right to take reasonably appropriate measures, including, but not limited to, investigation and reporting, as well as notification to and cooperation with law enforcement authorities. In the event of a data breach, we will make reasonable efforts to notify affected individuals if we believe that there is a reasonable risk of harm to the user as a result of the breach or if notice is otherwise required by law. When we do, we will send you an email.
We will disclose any information we collect, use or receive if required or permitted by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process, and when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
Changes and amendments
Acceptance of this policy
You acknowledge that you have read this Policy and agree to all its terms and conditions. By using the Website or its Services you agree to be bound by this Policy. If you do not agree to abide by the terms of this Policy, you are not authorized to use or access the Website and its Services.
If you would like to contact us to understand more about this Policy or wish to contact us concerning any matter relating to individual rights and your Personal Information, you may do so via the contact form or send an email to email@example.com
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Webgate, henceforth referred to as "Company" is an online website providing products and services through the Internet, is based on Perivolia Lefkada, Vat Number EL142992862 and T.O. of Lefkada, tel. +302645022134.
The following terms and conditions shall be implemented for use of the Company's online website, https://www.webgate.gr as well as any services provided by the Company.
Using the website or services provided by the Company, users declare that they fully accept the terms and conditions the Company currently has or will have set up in the future.
2. Should a user or a user representative disagree with these terms and conditions, they should then not make use of the Company's website and its services.
4. The Company does not assume control over content of information passing through its servers. Furthermore, it does not guarantee the reliability, accuracy or quality of any information appearing on the internet through -or due to- its services. In addition, it does not guarantee the commercial or personal solvency of whoever presents themselves on the Internet, or the fulfillment of any particular promises/offers from third parties, and is not responsible for any damages incurred to the Customer or those who trade with such, including data loss due to delays, failure to deliver cargo, or cessation of services for any cause, fault, or omission.
5. The use of any information provided via the Internet is the responsibility of the user and the Company has no responsibility for the accuracy or quality of this information.
6. The Company, under no conditions, events and causes does bear any responsibility for whatever damages resulting from the utilization, availability or non-availability of services the Company provides.
7. The Company takes backup copies of Customer files and databases that use server hosting services at regular intervals. These backups are saved daily for 14 days prior to the present date. Furthermore, extra weekly backups are saved on the 15th, the 21st and the 28th day prior to the present date.The Company bears no responsibilities for such backups being out of date or unusable. The Customer is obliged to maintain a backup copy of their own files and databases. Such a copy maintained by the Customer must be loaded into the Customer's personal computer.
8. Domain Expiry. When a domain name expires, in most scenarios, it is put into a quarantine' situation in which only the designated owner has the right to renew it. The Customer may be informed for domain name's quarantine duration from the Company pricelist page, or through communication with the Support Department of the Company. If a quarantine period is not implemented, the domain name either directly goes into a redemption period (5.12) or gets deleted according to the regulations of each registry.
9. The Customer accepts not to use the Company's internet space, the services it offers and its servers for:
a. Any content which is illegal, harmful, threatening, insulting, irritating, sycophantic derogatory, vulgar, obscene, slanderous, constitutes a violation of someone else' privacy, shows solidarity, or expresses racial, national or other distinctions, or for sending, publishing via email or transmission of such content to others.
b. Harming underage people in any way.
c. Sending, publishing, sending via email or transmission with other ways any kind of content for which they do not have rights of transmission according to legislation or contracted or administrative relations (like internal information, owner and confidential information gained or exposed as part of work relations or covered in confidentiality agreements.)
d. Sending, publishing, sending via email or transmission with other ways any kind of content which violates any patent, trade label, trade secret, copyright or other ownership third party rights.
e. Sending, publishing, sending via email or transmission with other ways any kind of content which contains software viruses or other codes, files or applications designed with causing harm in mind, the destruction or tackling of function of any software or hardware.
f. Willful and unwilful violation of the standing legislature or its terms.
g. Harassment of third parties in any way.
h. Illegal gathering or storage of other user's private data.
10. The Company follows a very strict policy in regards to spam emails and can cancel the Customer account in the case of sending improper / undesired mass emails (spam mail). An email is spam when sent including recipients who did not ask to get such. The Customer agrees to not send any of these kinds of email.
The Company retains the right to decide if a Customer actions is considered spam, mail bombing or bulk email.
11. Customer agrees to construct their websites in such a way where overloading Company servers is avoided, restricting the use of code and application demanding heavy processing power or make excessive use of resources (CPU, Disk IO, RAM).
The above resources the Customer is using in a shared hosting plan are not included in the unmetered part. Specific prices are provided according to the service and the server on which the Customer plan is hosted.
12. The Let's Encrypt certificate is provided by the Company free of charge, for every paid web hosting plan. It is activated by the Customer themselves, through the administrative environment of their web hosting plan.
The certificate remains in effect as long as the web hosting plan is activated at the Company. Its features are defined by the certificate provider and the Company must adhere to them.
The Company retains the right of annulling the free certificate provision without any other warning.
A Customer using Let's Encrypt certificate through Company services, acknowledges that they have read, understood and agreed to the certificate's terms and conditions, as defined by their service provider.
13. The products' listed prices is in euros VAT free based on last finance regulations for small bussiness. Payment for products and services is made in advance. The Company has the right of adjusting prices without prior Customer warning. It is understood that the Customer always deposits the price listed on the pricelist for this product or service when ordering such. Potential service payoff expenses concerning the Customer (expense for bank deposits etc.), are paid by the Customer.
The Company, for the Customers’ comfort, has set up the following terms of payment.
(a) For security and identification reasons the Customer must provide further details, like their ID, passport etc. if asked by the Company.
(b) If the Customer does not provide requested data or the transaction is not successfully identified by the Company, the Company has the right to not provide the service as well as not return the service fee regarding that exchange.
(c) The Customer is not allowed to proceed in virtual, false or non-desirable purchase of services. The Customer is fully responsible for expenses, dues, taxes and contributions stemming from that purchase of services from the Company.
(d) The Customer agrees to provide the Company’s support department with any data requested, in case the exchange must be confirmed.
14. Payment with credit card. The Customer can pay orders through credit card, Visa, Mastercard, credits and every other offered means supported by the Company. The Customer agrees that any further costs or commissions regarding them and might occur from intermediary payment services are theirs to bear. The credit card is charged after the check and data validation. The Customer is solely responsible for the correct submission of the credit card data.
No card data are saved to the webgate server.
15. Payment by deposit onto a bank account. The Customer can pay for their orders through a bank deposit, in following bank accouns of webgate.
Eurobank: GR3402603800000640200619798, Name: SPANOUDAKIS KON.
Reliable, secure, and flexible payments are made by everypay.
Recognizing the importance of the security of electronic payments, EveryPay is a licensed Payment Institution by the Bank of Greece (decision no. 280/3 / 23-7-2018, Government Gazette B 3010 / 25-7-2018), and safely manages transaction details card payments, in accordance with the regulatory framework of the card security transaction management standard. Everypay is certified according to the card transaction security management (PCI DSS) security standard, and is subject to periodic inspections by a specialized consulting firm. All Everypay services are made through secure connections with 256 bit SSL certificates. EveryPay also supports the use of 3D Secure service, an additional security tab for VISA, MasterCard, Diners & Discover cards. The Payer will then have to enter his personal secret code, in order to successfully complete the transaction.
Cessation of Services / Contract
Should the Customer declare they do not wish for the continuation of services, then the Company terminates the provided Customer services and deletes from its servers the pertinent registrations and Customer files without any further warning.
The Company has the right to reject, terminate or suspend the availability of the services offered to the Customer at will, with or without warning, and is not responsible for the consequences, positive or negative, which stems from terminating a website or a server or the termination of some other service. Restoration of service or files in a website hosting account that has been deleted from Plesk & is maintained in the backup infrastructure of the Company is conducted with an additional cost.
17. In case the Customer has not paid one or more services on their account, the Company has the right to suspend, disable or terminate the service, domain name, or hosting accounts, without being bound to provide backups to the Customer.
18. The Company maintains the right to cancel an account after subcription has not paid , including files and content for any reason, at any time. The Customer agrees to maintain backups of all files and databases hosted in the Company and agrees that the Company bears no responsibility for loss of data. The Customer is responsible for the creation of backups for their data.
19. The Customer, should they no longer want Company services, must declare such through the cancellation form found here. With its sending, a confirmation email for the request is sent to the Customer automatically. In case the Customer has not received such an email they should contact the Company via phone.
20. In case of non-timely payment or the charging of the Customer’s credit card is impossible due to non-available sum or because the credit card is no longer valid, the services provided by the Company are set to automatically terminated after the subscription expires.
Notice for service expiration
21. Customer receives on their administrative email automated notification for the impending expiration of services 40, 15, 10 and 5 days before such a date, the day it expires and 3 days after it expires. The Customer receiving expiration emails.
22. The Customer, can set how many days before the expiration date they are notified by Company.
In case the domain or service must be renewed on a specific date, the notification are adapted accordingly, to take into account those days.
24. In the hosting plans and services of the Company accompanied by money back guarantee, the use of the money back guarantee can be done within a 30-day timeframe from the date the hosting account was launched. Should the Customer not remain satisfied with the quality level of the hosting service of the Company, they may request, within 30 days from account launch, the cancellation of the current contract, otherwise they silently agree with the continued provision of service and give up their right for return of deposited money.
In case of cancellation within 30 days, the Customer is returned the sum of their subscription. In case that the sum included additional fees (domain name purchase, SSL purchase, Static IP purchase, third party resources, bank or credit card resources, installation costs, additional services) the subscription sum is returned to the Customer after the above is withheld. The Company can deny returning the money after the 90th day since registering.
25. All information transmitted by the Customer to the Company is confidential and the Company shall take all necessary measures so as to make use of such only when deemed necessary within the frame of services provided.
Every electronic service order is sent to the Company through the internet, IF, AND ONLY IF, the Customer has previously unreservedly accepted the previously noted terms of agreement, as further proof that the Customer received full knowledge of the terms and unreservedly agreed with such.
The subscribers of the Company’s services must be above 18 years old.
This document was last updated on APRIL 1, 2020